Pages

Wednesday, 2 August 2017

CHEAP PARLOUR TRICKS



I hate chain letters of any sort.... this was on my Face Book wall today. It is typical of these fear promoting and ridiculous e-chain letters! 

"If you believe in Jesus Christ, pass this on. If you don't you will be denying Christ and will not be blessed.. pass this on to 50 friends within half an hour and God will bless you.. " 

I won't be passing it on. Here's what I said in my comment: I believe God is near to the broken-hearted, His Word says so. But I won't be passing these on in fear that I will be denying Him if I don't. That would be just another form of a chain letter and promotes fear and superstition. My place is secure in Christ because of what He did, not what I do.... 

We serve a powerful, supernatural God. There is no place for superstition or fear. He is powerful enough and loving enough not to need our help in making Him known through falsity. He Is Truth! Don't pass stuff like this on! He doesn't need cheap parlour tricks to make Himself known. It belittles Him.

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.  Ephesians 2:8-9

3 comments:

  1. Hi Glenys, once again your writings have blessed me – you always brighten my day and teach me something! I used to battle with these too and I came to the same conclusion – that they are not of God, they produce fear and they definitely don't determine whether or not God blesses us. It is so good to find another Christian speaking out against this kind of twaddle!
    Love to you both, Jilly. oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the site I am enjoying Glenys SHEForums you may want to visit I find the people there amazing! Just Google it and it comes up easy!!!
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words, Jilly. And thank you for that info re FlyLady... I will look it up! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...